Thursday, 19 January 2017

Digipack 2



My final digipack is similar to the original but it has some small changes, such as the added product code and record logo to the spine, extra songs to make it seem more realistic and a glow round the track listings to make them easier to read.

Panel 1: Cover

For my cover, I decided to have an abstract image. The image itself is of the trailer from the video and poster, but with added effects achieved through colour adjustments on PhotoShop to give the feeling of decay. I used the font Dirty Headline for the title as it is easy to read and fits the aesthetics of the cover, and M Ponderosa for the band name to link to my poster.

Spine: The spine contains the product code and the 1977 records logo to increase realism. It also contains the album name and the band name which are in the Dirty Headline.

Reverse Cover: Using another colour adjusted picture of the trailer texture, I created the reverse cover. I used Dirty Headline for the track listing and added a white glow to make them easier to read.
To add realism, I added copyright information, the record logo, barcode and a website link for 1977 records.

Extra panel: I used the same image from the reverse cover, but added the lyrics 'Sun Hasn't Died'. These lyrics are important as they are used at the turning point of the song and video, and therefore hint at the ending. However, to fit n with the rest of the digipack and connect to the poster, they have been smudged to add a melting/decaying look.

Interior panels: Colour adjusted images of trees to hint at the video.

CD Tray. The top has an image of the forest while the bottom shows rusted wheels, showing the two main locations front he video. Colour adjustment has been used to make them blend in. The top of the water butt has been used as the CD sticker as it is the main symbol of the video.

To create the digipack, I used PhotoShop tools such as: Crop, magic wand, colour adjustment, smudge, text, shape, insert image and blur.

No comments:

Post a Comment